Wednesday, May 24, 2006

7K!

WOW!! I decided to do my run at the gym today, and following Jakki's advice I slowed right down. Going at a much slower pace I found I was able to run for much longer. I gradually increased my pace through my run, and before I knew it I had run 7K! It took me roughly 50mins, and to be honest, there was no point where I felt I really needed to stop. In fact it was because I was running out of time before collecting Alfie that I stopped when I did. My legs had started to feel tired, and my shoulders tight, but I did feel I could have carried on and possibly managed 10k - I might try that next time!!!!!!!

Now I have to transfer treadmill running into road running! If I could carry on that pace, outside, for the full 1/2 marathon I would be looking at about 2 1/2 hours. I could live with that quite happily!

Overall I'm feeling much more positive and I think because of that, I'm eating far more sensibly too. My word, I might turn into a lean running machine yet!

Happy!

Until next time
K xx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bloomin' 'eck Karen...Im impressed!!!!!!! I get puffed out just going up the stairs!! You are doing amazingly well...keep it up!

xx